Fans of the hit YouTube and MotorTrend shows ROADKILL and ROADKILL GARAGE will recognise this 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner. This car was host (and former long time HOT ROD magazine editor) David Freiburger’s daily driver before he switched to the now infamous “Disgustang Mustang”.
Freiburger purchased this car to be his muscle car daily driver. The car was featured on several episodes as he and co-host Steve Dulcich went through the car’s engine, suspension and brakes. The car was eventually sold on to Brian Bodensteiner, who runs specialist mopar restoration shop Bodensteiner Body Werks in Waukon, Iowa. As a testament to the car’s reliability, Brian collected the car from Freiburger in LA and drive it 2100 miles home to Iowa. Brian finished the car off before selling it to a Mopar enthusiast in Sydney.
Details of the car are set out below
– 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner
– matching numbers big block 383 V8
– 4 speed manual gearbox (rebuilt plus new clutch and flywheel) with pistol grip floor shifter
– 8 3/4 diff with 3.23 ratio and sure grip LSD
– New Holley 650 cfm carb and period correct DP4B performance manifold
– period correct 8 and 9 x 15 US Indy slot mags with new 225 and 275 tyres
– 4 new alloy double adjustable QA1 shocks (ROADKILL sponsor)
– Hemi orange (original factory colour)
– all factory options (eg. bonnet pins and chrome racing mirrors) present as per fender tag.
– all Roadrunner specific details are present including the lilac ‘meep meep’ horn
– new and correct partial vinyl top and reflective ‘strobe’ decals
– new and correct interior including carpet, seats and headlining
The car is very very dry and has only a couple of very minor rust spots. The exterior has the perfect dry US desert patina, lightly worn in.
The car starts, runs and drives well. Everything works and it is ready to be enjoyed.
To view this car in the flesh book an appointment with us today at Muscle Car Warehouse, venue 110 Rocky Point Road Kogarah 2217.