DO YOU HAVE A MUSCLE CAR TO SELL?
Consignment selling is where a licensed motor dealer (consignee) agrees to sell a vehicle on behalf of the individual owner (consignor) of a motor vehicle. After the sale, the motor dealer pays the owner the agreed sale proceeds less any agreed commission.
If you agree to sell a motor vehicle on consignment you must have a written agreement. The consignment agreement must include;
- The name, address and license number of the consignor and the consignee.
- A description of the vehicle, including registration number or vehicle identification number (if not registered).
- The details of any encumbrance (including the amount) or a statement that there is no encumbrance.
- An agreed price to be paid to the consignor.
- The directions for disbursements of the agreed price specifying any required amount to discharge any encumbrances.
- The date of commencement, termination or period of consignment.