Is this the original sports utility?
XC Ford falcon with very rare V8 5.8 litre – yes the big one!
Its matching numbers with a letter of Authenticity from Ford Australia, and with glove box signed by Dick Johnson.
Five years ago, the car’s previous owner had it taken back to bare metal, any rust cut out , and fully restored to the highest standard.
This immaculate Ute is better than when it rolled off the Ford production line.
The underside shows no farm/off tar seal use.
Original period features:
– Aftermarket Smiths air-conditioning, that has just been completely redone to modern standards.
– Fully re-trimmed period correct velour cabin.
– A refurbished 9-inch differential.
– C4 strong enough to handle the rebuilt 351 Cleveland.
Whats not period original? Great everyday driver adjustments
– The car now has eight slot, deep-dish blacked out alloys, with 265’s at the rear and 235’s at the front . Handling is better than the original.
– Hands-free blue tooth stereo head unit (hidden in glove box) with remote control, running through a pioneer ice amp and separate sub woofer under passenger seat. The original period tape player stereo sits in place.
– The braking is greatly improved than original, thanks to the installation of four-wheel-disc-brakes.
– All this handling improvements deserve the wooden sports steering.
All this presented to echo the race cars of the day.
Only 416 built with this engine….and if you want a yellow one…only 2 were made, making this a very unique car!!!
This must be worth more than a family sedan!
For more information don’t hesitate to get in contact with the muscle car specialists!